Our Wombat's City Hostel is a former four-star hotel that we have transformed into Budapest's favourite hostel, thanks to our signature style.
What remains is ample space for 26 private rooms and 86 dormitories, as well as generous common areas. You will find yourself in the largest hostel in the city and the one with the best location.
Wombat's City Hostel Budapest is located in the centre on Kiraly Street next to the old Jewish quarter, with the bustling streets, ruin pubs and fancy restaurants, this area is one of the most famous in the whole city.
The State Opera House, the Synagogue, Heroes' Square, the Academy of Music, the Chain Bridge, Liszt-Ferenc Square (with its elegant cafés and restaurants) as well as access to the most important shopping streets are easily accessible on foot. The picturesque Old Town and Andrassy Boulevard, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and affectionately known as the Champs Elysées of Budapest, are also just around the corner.
At night, our neighbourhood becomes a hive of partying. The ruin pub on Kazinscy Utca offers curious travellers a taste of these unique and artistic drinking establishments.
Just a five-minute walk away is the Deák Ferenc tér metro station, which connects three metro lines and several bus and tram lines.
From here you can also easily reach the major train stations Keleti and Nyugati, the Nepliget bus terminal and the airport.
Included in the price:
- Bed linen.
- Our own Wombat's city maps.
- The womBAR for endless parties and WomDollar discount on your drinks (currently limited operations).
- A guest kitchen open to all who want to satisfy their own culinary needs.
- 24/7 reception.
- Maximum security locker as access is via smart cards for the front door as well as for the rooms and lockers.
- Rental items (umbrellas, hairdryers, adaptors: everything an enthusiastic traveller might need).
- Coin-operated laundry facilities (washing and drying), so you can revitalise your clothes!
Our famous Tasty Brekkie buffet guarantees you enough energy for your exciting day in Budapest. You can buy breakfast for an affordable price at the reception.
We have a new café!
(Minimum age: 18 years).
* Full payment is required at the time of booking and is non-refundable.
* If you leave early, cancel or do not honour this booking, you will not be refunded.
* Any extension of this stay requires a new booking for the additional dates, subject to availability and current rates.
In the event of invalid credit card details, our team will contact you. You will have 48 hours to provide valid credit card details, otherwise we reserve the right to cancel the booking.