In 2021, Hostelling International became a signatory of the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative (GTPI), led by the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and the World Tourism Organization (WTO), in collaboration with the Ellen MacArthur Foundation. Read about our commitments here https://www.oneplanetnetwork.org/organisations/hostelling-international
In the heart of the Gaslamp quarter, San Diego's classiest hostel offers everything a backpacker or business traveler could want. Our recently renovated urban hostel offers shared and private rooms, free Wi-Fi, comfortable spaces to meet new friends, and a laid-back staff that aims to make your San Diego experience awesome.
Free Coffee & Tea
24-hour front desk
Self Guided tours and activities
Game room featuring pool table and arcade games
Free linens and towels
Getting here is easy we are walking distance from the Amtrak and Greyhound Station and easily accessible via public transportation from the airport or beyond.
IMPORTANT Check-In/Reservation Policies:
***Please note*** - A 10.5% city tax will be charged in addition to the amount quoted to be paid upon arrival.
- A valid credit card in the guests name or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- A $4 Non-Member Fee will be added per night for guests who are not Hostelling International members. Memberships are available at front desk upon check in.
- Foreign travelers must show a valid foreign passport at check-in.
- United States citizens must show a valid state issued Identification Card or Driver's License with photo upon check in.
- We do not rent to residents of San Diego County.
- U.S. passports, Foreign Identification and Driver's Licenses, and Student Identification cards (other than minors) are not accepted.
- Reservations must be cancelled by 3pm the day before check-in. Any cancellations or no-shows after this point will be charged for the first night of the intended stay. Deposits paid are non refundable.
- We have a maximum allotted stay of 21 nights in a 365 day period. Any bookings made for longer than this cannot be accepted.