Cesta do HI Samambaia Hostel
mapa a cestovní pokyny
Getting to Petropolis is pretty easy, grab a taxi from Ipanema beach and head to the Rodovaria Novo Rio (pronounced hodo-viara). It cost R$ 35.-- Once in the station, head over to the Facil/Unica counter on Platform 6. The bus company Unica/Facil operates between Rio de Janeiro and Petropolis. Their buses are new and fairly comfortable. An hour later, you should be in the Rodoviaria Petropolis which is located outside the city. This is a key point, don't leave the bus station, get the local shuttle-bus nr.100 for 3,00 R$, heading to Centro Histórico. Getting from the Rodoviaria Petropolis to the Historical Centre takes about 20 minutes.
- Taxi from Tom Jobim Rio Int'l Airport to Samambaia Hostel: 150.00 R$ (Taxi from Petropolis order by the Hostel)
- Taxi from Tom Jobim Rio Int'l Airport to Rodoviária Novo Rio: 30.00 R$
- Frescão Bus nr. 2012 from Tom Jobim Int'l Airport to Rodoviaria Novo Rio: 9.00 R$ (Alvorada Terminal)
- Taxi from Copacabana to Rodoviaria Rio Novo : 35 R$
- Bus from Rodoviaria Novo Rio to Rodoviaria Petropolis : 18.00R$
- Taxi from Rodoviaria Petropolis to Historical Centre : 25 R$
- Bus Nr. 370 from Rodoviaria Petropolis to Itamaraty's Terminal: 2.50 R$
- Buses Nrs. 300-301-307 from Historical Centre do Samambaia Hostel: 2.50 R$
- Taxi from Historical Centre to Samambaia Hostel : 25 R$
- Taxi from Rodoviária Petropolis to Samambaia Hostel: 45 R$
- Bus from Rodoviaria Petropolis to Rodoviaria Rio Novo : 18.00 R$
If you decide taking the local bus, once at the Historical Centre, you can take buses Nr. 300, 301, 307. The bus stop is
located behind the Museum at the Emperor Square, they all stop at Itamaraty's Terminal and them pass infront of the Hostel.